It is a dream come true for every Filipino artist to be given a break in Hollywood. Some artists are joining different workshops abroad to develop and to get a chance be part of the prestigious Hollywood.
And with the past few years, more Filipinos were given breaks in Hollywood not just as actors and actress but as well as writers, technicians and directors. Let us recall with this list the names of Filipinos who also conquest Hollywood.
- Vicente Salumbides – known to be the Second Father of Philippine Movies. He worked as extra at the Famous Players Lasky Studio after the First World War while studying writing, acting and directing.
- Eddie Romero – a National Artist for Film. He wrote many Hollywood co-production ventures.
- Cirio H. Santiago – part of Santiagos of Premiere Productions and directed and produced films in Hollywood.
- Barbara Perez – chosen to lead the Hollywood war movie No Man Is an Island, with famous actor Jeffrey Hunter in 1962.
- Tetchie Agbayani – after her stint as a Playboy magazine model, she had starred in a few Hollywood fares.
- Lotis Key – (Dolphy’s former sweetheart). She was part of some productions like Untamed Heart with Marisa Tomei and Christian Slater, and Sweet Revenge with Nancy Allen.
- Robin Aristorenas – eldest son of the late action star Jun Aristorenas. At these days, he is making waves as editor and graphic artist in most major Hollywood films.
- Phoebe Cates (mix Filipina and American blood) – won the hearts of many people around the globe before Lea Salonga and Charice.
- Enrique Iglesias – an international singer, who is the son of famous balladeer Julio Iglesias and Filipino socialite Isabel Presyler.
There are also some who were born in the Philippines and now seen in Hollywood. These are:
- Lou Diamond Phillips – born in in Subic Bay US Naval Station in Zambales Province in the Philippines to Gerald Cornhulio, a naval officer, and Lucita Aranas of Candelaria, Zambales. He has been starring in many action and drama movies nowadays.
- Richard Gere – born and raised in Subic.
Comic Rob Schneider – a certified Filipino American actor whose mom is a Filipina, Pilar Monroe. He is now part of Deuce Bigalow series.
- Paolo Montalban – the hunk and pretty boy, who was acclaimed in the film Mortal Kombat: Conquest, with Daniel Bernhardt and Kristann Loken, is a pure Filipino.
- Jocelyn Enriquez – a female singer who is a pure Filipina who has been famous in American music.
- Allan Pineda Lindo – known as apl.de.ap. He is from Pampanga and now known as the noted member of The Black-Eyed Peas band.
- Arnel Pineda – ushered in by his Youtube clips. He is now a member of the world renowned singing group, Journey.
- Vanessa Hudgens – has a Filipino blood. She has made a name in High School Musical.
- Nicole Scherzinger – has also a Filipino blood. She is part of the famous all-sexy female group Pussycat Dolls.
- Dante Basco – the youthful looking. He is a full-blooded Filipino but who grew up in the United States. He is a Fil-Am actor. He was seen as Hollywood player with such hits as Hook with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffmann, Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas, and many more.
There are still many Filipino artists in Hollywood who continuously give pride to the country.